Choices - What Are You Going to Choose Today?
Does anyone else struggle with motivation this time of year? When there is transition in your life? Or when the weather is cold and blowing and you just want to stay snuggled up in bed all day? Or when you don't feel 100%? Or...or... I do! There you have it. I struggle.
Here is what I was thinking about this morning. I have a choice every day. In fact, I have choices every moment of every day. What am I going to choose?
- To get out of bed ~ Start this day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24).
- To get quiet time in the word of God first thing ~ Sets my heart up for an eternal perspective, not one set on me.
- To get ready for the day ~ I have no idea what is in store for the day.
- To set a schedule and stick to it ~ Have my time scheduled. That way if something comes flying my way, I can make a good choice as to tackle it now or later.
- To create margin for things that take more or less time than expected ~ People are important. This helps me to have boundaries to honor those God has put in my path to serve.
- To honor the people in my path by following through ~ I want people to see me not only talk the talk but walk the walk.
- To listen to the Holy Spirit and be led by my Heavenly Father ~ Not my will Lord, but yours be done (Luke 22:42).
- To get physical movement in ~ Start somewhere. A walk, a jog, a stretch. 5 minutes, 10 minutes and go from there.
- To engage with people who love me ~ Call someone who will lift me up, pray for me, laugh with me, encourage me and I can do the same for them.
- To take a leap of faith and try new things as well as stick to the things that work ~ Lord help me believe (Mark 9:24)!
- To have a grateful heart and think the best of others ~ We all need grace. I have truly NO idea what is fully going on in the lives of others. I pray that God will help me to see people through his lens of grace, no judgement, just love.
- To fuel my body with good food ~ Take time to prepare and eat good food.
I'm sure I could go on and on with this list but want it to be a few bullets to get you thinking and help you to move forward today like it has done for me. It helps me to write things down so how about you pause and take the next 15 minutes to write out your daily choices you know you are going to make. Remember this is ultimately not all NEW ways of doing things but ways hopefully to encourage you in what you are already doing. I promise it will give you freedom and it will remind you how much you have to be grateful for!
~ Peace my friends,